In addition to top-class eventing action across all four days at The Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials, there will be a variety of complimentary entertainment in the Family Fun Zone on Sunday to keep everyone entertained. Book your tickets today for the best price and under 18s come free. View the official map here.
Children’s authors Greg James & Chris Smith
Chris Smith and BBC Radio 1 DJ and children’s author Greg James will be reading a chapter of their new book “The Great Dream Robbery” on Sunday from 3pm – 4pm.
Greg and Chris will also answer questions and take a few moments to have selfies with fans.
To celebrate Greg and Chris coming to The Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials 250 lucky kids will get a free copy of their book “The Great Dream robbery” on the day.
- Chris Smith has wanted to be an author ever since he was eight and won a competition by writing story about a baby dinosaur who loved biscuits. That story is soon to be brought to life as a blockbuster Hollywood movie. Not really, he made that part up. Chris worked for many years as a newsreader and presenter on radio stations including Xfm and BBC Radio 1. That’s where he met Greg James, and in between messing about on the airwaves the pair created the bestselling Kid Normal series. Chris lives in north London with his family and a cat called Mabel who can go invisible. @itschrissmith
- Greg James hasn’t yet won a story writing competition but is hopeful that it will happen one day. Maybe even with this new book you’re about to read/have read. As well as writing the aforementioned bestselling Kid Normal series with Chris Smith, Greg is the host of The Radio 1 Breakfast Show, the loosely cricket based podcast Tailenders and Radio 4’s Rewinder. Basically he’s turned all his favourite things into work and now has no hobbies. Greg also lives in north London but with his own family. This includes his wife Bella and his dog Barney who is staring at him impatiently because he wants to go for a walk. @gregjames
‘This Esme’ will be appearing on Sunday 19 September for a Q&A from 11:30am – 12:15pm in the Big Top Marquee hosted by ITV Racing and Eventing Supremo Alice Fox-Pitt.
Don’t miss the chance for a selfie and meet and greet later in the day with ‘This Esme’ at 4.30pm in the Ben and Jerry’s arena.
‘This Esme’ is one of the biggest influencers in the Equestrian world with over 500k followers and an incredible 100 million views on her YouTube channel, additionally 265k followers on Instagram.
All Day Entertainment in the big top marquee
- The children’s TV character Peppa Pig will be making personal appearances at intervals from 10:30am – 3:30pm.
- Juniors Jumpers is a free Membership club for our enthusiastic young racing fans of The Jockey Club South West racecourse, Exeter, Cheltenham Warwick, and Wincanton. There will also be the opportunity to make your own rosettes and plenty of colouring in.
- Retraining of Racehorses is British Horseracing’s official charity for the welfare of horses who have retired from racing.
- Racing to Schools will be in attendance for all of those budding jockeys out there with the equiciser, some racing silks to try on and an array of fun racing related activities.
- As well as all of the above there will also be a range of inflatables and facepainters, providing something for every member of the family to enjoy.
We are excited to introduce our Dog Agility Arena. Agility was created as a special canine attraction at Cruft’s in 1978. Today competitive events are held worldwide with the UK providing champions who take on and regularly win against world-class competitors.
- 9:30am – 10:30am: have a go agility
- 10:30am – 11:30am: agility display
- 11:30am – 1:30pm: have ago agility
- 2pm – 4pm: Family Dog Show
The equipment used is specially designed fences; weave poles, contact equipment (a bit of the dog must touch a white bit!), tunnels and tyres all built to safe and exacting Kennel Club specifications.
The Agility world measures dogs into 4 sizes and 7 ability grades and during the weekend we welcome canines of all statures to Blenheim.
BEN AND JERRYS arena
- From 10am – 10:30am and from 1pm – 1:45pm, the ever popular Shetland Pony Grand National will provide all the thrills and excitement of a day at the races but in miniature. Racing over steeplechase fences just like those on the racecourse, riders are aged between nine to fourteen years old and must be under 5ft in height – future jockeys in the making!
- Hawkeye Falconry will be exhibiting their birds in an unique way from 10:30am – 11:30pm and again at 2:30pm – 3:30pm.
- From 12:30pm – 1pm, we welcome BMX Freestyle Olympic bronze-medalist Declan Brooks who will be demonstrating his tricks and stunts. You can also find Declan in the BMX Arena at intervals throughout the day until 5pm.
- We are thrilled to welcome the Side Saddle Association Area 5 Display Team to the Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials from 11:45am – 12:15pm and 2:15pm – 2:45pm. Make sure you come and watch the displays and wonder at the beauty and magic of these elegant side saddle riders. Expert side saddle instructor, Ginny Oakley-Pope, will guide you through the history and help you understand the art of riding side saddle.