In addition to top-class eventing action across all four days at The Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials 2021, there was a variety of complimentary entertainment in the Family Fun Zone on Saturday to keep everyone entertained.
All Day Entertainment in the family fun arena
- The children’s TV character Hey Duggee will be making personal appearances at intervals from 10:30am – 1:30pm and then from 2pm – 3:30pm. At 2pm, Hey Duggee will be performing The Stick Song live.
- Juniors Jumpers is a free Membership club for our enthusiastic young racing fans of The Jockey Club South West racecourse, Exeter, Cheltenham Warwick, and Wincanton. There will also be the opportunity to make your own rosettes and plenty of colouring in.
- Retraining of Racehorses is British Horseracing’s official charity for the welfare of horses who have retired from racing.
- Racing to School will be in attendance for all of those budding jockeys out there with the equiciser, some racing silks to try on and an array of fun racing related activities.
- As well as all of the above there will also be a range of inflatables and facepainters, providing something for every member of the family to enjoy.
We are excited to introduce our Dog Agility Arena. Agility was created as a special canine attraction at Cruft’s in 1978. Today competitive events are held worldwide with the UK providing champions who take on and regularly win against world-class competitors.
- 9:30am – 10:30am: have a go agility
- 10:30am – 11:30am: agility display
- 11:30am – 1:30pm: have ago agility
- 2pm – 4pm: Family Dog Show
The equipment used is specially designed fences; weave poles, contact equipment (a bit of the dog must touch a white bit!), tunnels and tyres all built to safe and exacting Kennel Club specifications.
The Agility world measures dogs into 4 sizes and 7 ability grades and during the weekend we welcome canines of all statures to Blenheim.
Ben and Jerrys Arena
- From 11am – 11:30am and from 3pm – 3:30pm, the ever popular Shetland Pony Grand National will provide all the thrills and excitement of a day at the races but in miniature. Racing over steeplechase fences just like those on the racecourse, riders are aged between nine to fourteen years old and must be under 5ft in height – future jockeys in the making!
- Hawkeye Falconry will be exhibiting their birds in an unique way from 11:30am – 12:30pm and again at 2pm – 3pm.
- From 12:30pm – 1:30pm, we welcome BMX Freestyle Olympic bronze-medalist Declan Brooks who will be demonstrating his tricks and stunts. You can also find Declan in the BMX Arena at intervals throughout the day until 5pm.
- Racing to School will be doing an equicizer demonstration and showing you what it takes to be a jockey from 1:30pm – 2pm.