- Tell us about you and how you created Bethany Rae and your brand ethos.
Bethany Rae actually began as a vintage business! Alongside working for the ambulance service, I sold country and equestrian themed scarves at my local point to points and country fayres as a side project. Whilst sourcing these I met a wonderful family who crafted cowhide accessories and fell in love! Collating the money from my vintage hobby business, we designed new products and so Bethany Rae was born in 2019. Gradually I’ve been able to step down from ambulance work and put all my efforts into Bethany Rae, Blenheim 2021 was one of our first ‘big’ outings!
All of our cowhides are crafted by a wonderful family in Pakistan who use their local cows to create incredible luxury and exceptional standard by-product accessories. Each and every cowhide is as unique as a fingerprint, and that’s why I am so passionate about them. I love helping my customers find their perfect hide, and knowing they are taking something home that is unique to them is just wonderful.
- Tell us about Bethany Rae star products.
Our top products are our Upton Handbags and Blandford Belts! Classically designed they both style effortlessly but make a great statement! Our customers regularly tell us they can’t go anywhere without a compliment! We also have our fabulous Suede Cape range – perfect for all body shapes and sizes, they are exceptionally flattering, and we feel just a little different!
- Why are you looking forward to Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials?
Blenheim is one of the highlights of our trading year. Having had such a successful 2021, we cannot wait to get back to see our wonderful customers again! Blenheim has a wonderful atmosphere, you cannot help but be captivated by the setting, having the palace as a backdrop to eventing couldn’t be more spectacular!
- You exhibit at The Cheltenham Festival and Blenheim International Horse Trials, from your prospective how do both events differ?
Blenheim is a much more ‘laid back’ affair, Cheltenham is very busy, fast paced and exciting – often fuelled with partying too of course! However, Blenheim has a lovely, relaxed feel to it, it’s the sort of event you can spend multiple days at, just soaking up the atmosphere and watching your favourite riders with a glass of prosecco!
- The BPIHT Shopping Village is bigger and better than ever this year, aside from Bethany Rae can you give us three must visit shops at Blenheim?
Absolutely! We have doubled the size of our stand this year, so we are excited to showcase the new layout! But aside from Bethany Rae, I love other small businesses such as Nicola Sexton, J&T Plumes & Van Velze and Smith (for seriously good shoes and champagne)
- Finally, for everyone attending the horse trials can you give them one thing they must see or do at the event apart from visiting Bethany Rae of course!
Unfortunately, I hardly ever get to leave my stand! But I LOVE the Shetland Pony Gold Cup!