The Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials return in 2022, running from Thursday 15th September to Sunday 18th September inclusive.
Organised by The Jockey Club for the first time in 2021, the Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials are a pinnacle of the eventing calendar.
The fixture includes FEI-accredited and internationally-recognised competitions; a CCI4-L (four-star Long) and CCI4-S for eight and nine-year-old horses (four-star Short).
Frequently a good guide to future success, the runner-up in the CCI4-L class in 2021, Ros Canter and Lordship’s Gruffalo, have gone on to finish second at Badminton in 2022 when competing in their first 5.
Likewise Yasmin Ingham and Banzai Du Loir, who won the 4Long in 2021, finished second in Kentucky 5 earlier this year.
Ian Renton, The Jockey Club’s Regional Director of Cheltenham and the West, said: “The Jockey Club broke new ground when organising the Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials last year and we are delighted to be back again in 2022.
“We were very pleased with how the event went overall in 2021 but following feedback from those in attendance, we are pleased to announce a number of improvements for this year.
“These include improvements to both the catering facilities and viewing from the Club Enclosure and there will be an increased number of catering facilities across the site.
“The biggest issue we faced last year was traffic management and following a full review, an increased number of entrances, extra traffic marshals as well as an increased parking area will hopefully make it a much smoother experience for all in 2022.”
The top-class eventing action will be supported by a feast of FREE entertainment on offer for families across the weekend including:
• Hawkeye Falconry – get up close to a majestic array of Birds of Prey. Alistair and his team will showcase the different birds throughout the weekend with a static display as well as two interactive flying displays each day.
• Extreme Bike Battle – joined by BMX Olympic Bronze Medallist Declan Brooks, watch the boys on bikes fly off the top of a van and a whole host of other BMX/Mountain Bike tricks. A display like no other!
• Misselchalke Gundogs – Nick and his very enthusiastic team of working gundogs will showcase a number of skills and training exercises during his displays. Prepare to be amazed by the obedience of ‘man’s best friend’.
• The Big Top Marquee will stage a number of stars throughout the weekend including children’s entertainer Showtime Shane as well as having an area for arts and crafts and face painting.
• Sam’s Funky Fun Inflatables – let your little ones loose on our wide range of bouncy castles including: The Horseshoe, Winning Post, Bungee Run and our very own Toddlers Play Park.
• Equestrian YouTuber ‘This Esme’ will be at Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials on Sunday 18 September. Further details will be available in due course.
This year we will have a number of displays from the Mounted Police Horses. The mounted section plays an important role in maintaining public order including policing football matches, demonstrations, marches, and events. The Thames Valley Police Mounted Section along with colleagues from the rural crime taskforce and the Cherwell and West Oxfordshire neighbourhood team will be attending the Blenheim International horse trials 2022.
As well as providing a visible policing presence to the event, they will demonstrate how they to work together to keep the public safe at large events and supporting the rural community in preventing crime and identifying offenders.
The mounted section will join the event’s exciting schedule of displays to demonstrate how police horses are trained, how they are used to control large crowds of people and their ability to support officers in apprehending and dealing with criminals.